By Richard Roy,Callie Thomson,Andrew Field
Read or Download 19th Century Global Expansion of Methodism: What Motivated Missionaries? PDF
Similar australian & oceanian history books
Winner, 2008 IP choices most sensible Fiction AwardMarked by way of the occasions of the good Flood of 1893 and the formation of the 1st miners’ unions, Over My lifeless physique is an Australian epic; a literary feat exemplifying a writer’s craftsmanship and commitment to bringing historical past alive. This booklet places Australia’s present resource-driven prosperity into context by means of exhibiting the each day struggles of standard staff simply attempting to get via.
The lives of twelve notable Australians supply a desirable glimpse of a 'vanished and vanishing land' - revealing a mosaic of Australia during the last century. 'To listen the tale of someone who has lived lengthy and good is a privilege past expense. it's a unusual and beautiful strategy to delve into one other person's lifestyles; unusual simply because we frequently concentrate on our personal lives, now not others, marvelous simply because to find one other is to discover a treasure.
'thoroughly researched and compelling . . . a chilling account' - The sunlight HeraldAn eye-opening account of Australian wrestle historical past, untold . . . in the past. In 1969 a ragtag unit of 39 males have been thrown jointly at Nui Dat, Vietnam. It used to be so slapdash a gaggle it did not also have an officer or sergeant accountable.
Within the century among the Napoleonic Wars and the Irish Civil struggle, greater than seven million Irish women and men left their place of origin to start new lives out of the country. whereas the bulk settled within the usa, Irish emigrants dispersed around the globe, lots of them discovering their strategy to one other “New World,” Australia.
- Philanthropy and Settler Colonialism
- Remaking Pacific Pasts: History, Memory, and Identity in Contemporary Theater from Oceania (Pacific Islands Monograph)
- The Proud 6th: An Illustrated History of the 6th Australian Division 1939–1946 (Australian Army History Series)
- The MASSACRE of ABDACOM: The Destruction of the United States, British, Dutch and Australian Forces by the Japanese In World War II.
- Decolonisation and the Pacific: Indigenous Globalisation and the Ends of Empire (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- Australians at The Great War 1914-1918: Australian War Memorial
Additional info for 19th Century Global Expansion of Methodism: What Motivated Missionaries?