By Sw. Anand Prahlad
Read Online or Download African-American Proverbs in Context (Publications of the American Folklore Society. New Series) PDF
Best folklore & mythology books
Probably the most remarkable, eclectic thinkers in Victorian England, the Reverend Sabine Baring-Gould (1834–1924) was once intrigued via the gruesome and infrequently savage historical past of the center a long time. The famous writer and folklorist’s fascination with the interval led to this soaking up compilation of classic stories surrounding such figures as William inform and the guy within the Moon.
Portrayed by means of early commute writers as old pagan survivals, fairs in Sardinia have lengthy interested either local islanders and outsiders. yet on the sunrise of the twenty-first century, this Mediterranean island has develop into a part of a world economic system, and its fairs allure travelers from worldwide.
The Ozidi Saga is considered one of Africa's most sensible recognized prosimetric epics, set within the Delta area of Nigeria. Blood at the Tides examines the epic -- a story of a warrior and his sorcerer grandmother's revenge upon the assassins who killed her son -- either to illustrate of oral literature and as a mirrored image of the categorical social and political matters of the Nigerian Delta and the rustic as awhole.
Vampire characters are ubiquitous in pop culture, serving as metaphors for society’s so much delicate subjects—sexuality, gender roles, race, ethnicity, class—and frequently channeling common fears of immigration, crime, terrorism and dependancy. This publication explores pop culture’s vampires variously as sexual seducers, savage monsters, noble protectors and drainers of human strength.
- The Flying Dutchman and Other Folktales from the Netherlands (World Folklore (Hardcover))
- Encyclopedia of the Zombie: The Walking Dead in Popular Culture and Myth: The Walking Dead in Popular Culture and Myth
- The Appalachian Photographs of Earl Palmer
- From Dog Bridegroom to Wolf Girl: Contemporary Japanese Fairy-Tale Adaptations in Conversation with the West (Series in Fairy-Tale Studies)
- Mitógrafos griegos (Biblioteca Clásica Gredos) (Spanish Edition)
Extra info for African-American Proverbs in Context (Publications of the American Folklore Society. New Series)