By Ryuho Okawa
Are the assaults by means of Islamic extremist teams like al-Qaeda and the association led through Mokhtar Belmokhtar unjust acts of terror? Or are they justified acts of a holy battle, because the self-proclaimed jihadists declare? during this interview with Osama bin encumbered, grasp Ryuho Okawa presents us along with his conclusive resolution to those questions.
* “Q&A: Hostage trouble in Algeria,” BBC information, January 21, 2013, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-21056884.
Read Online or Download Are Islamic Extremists Jihadists or Terrorists?: The Necessity of Freedom in Islamic Countries PDF
Best terrorism books
No description on hand
This is often the 1st ebook to set out a finished framework during which to appreciate terrorism as method. It contends that even terrorism of the supposedly nihilist sort should be seen as a bona fide procedure for allotting capability to fulfil the ends of coverage, that's, as a technique. the most objective of the paintings is to explain the dynamics of terrorism and assessment their effectiveness, in addition to to theorize upon, and make clear the correlation among, political ends and terrorist capability.
The present paradigm of violence in South Asia relies on militancy and strategic terrorism drawing from extremist ideologies, be it faith, ethnicity or sub nationalism around the quarter. whereas often fundamentalism is related to be the middle of clash in South Asia, there are numerous various threads to instability.
Osama bin Laden's death in might 2011 marked simply the symbolic finish of an period. by the point of his killing, he now not represented the Robin Hood icon that after stirred worldwide fascination. Ten years after the eleven September 2001 assaults, jihadi terrorism has mostly misplaced its juggernaut luster. It now in general resembles a patchwork of self-radicalising neighborhood teams with overseas contacts yet with none important organisational layout - resembling the unconventional left terrorism of the Nineteen Seventies and the anarchist fin-de-siècle terrorism.
- Naxalism and Maoism in India
- Suicide Warfare: Culture, the Military, and the Individual as a Weapon: Culture, the Military, and the Individual as a Weapon (Praeger Security International)
- The Audacious Ascetic: What the Bin Laden Tapes Reveal About Al-Qa'ida
- State Terrorism and Neoliberalism: The North in the South (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- Political Islam in a Time of Revolt (Islam and Nationalism)
Additional info for Are Islamic Extremists Jihadists or Terrorists?: The Necessity of Freedom in Islamic Countries