By Varla Ventura
Along with vintage items from Bram Stoker, Elliot O'Donnell, Sabine Baring-Gould, William Butler Yeats and so forth, Ventura includes:
- Famous vampires you'll no longer know
- The id of the writer of the 1st English vampire novel (and his dating to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein)
- Excerpts from the 1st psychic vampire novel ever written
- Stories of nineteenth century werewolf hunters
- Why banshees are the main feared of supernatural creatures
Read Online or Download Banshees, Werewolves, Vampires, and Other Creatures of the Night: Facts, Fictions, and First-Hand Accounts PDF
Best folklore & mythology books
The most superb, eclectic thinkers in Victorian England, the Reverend Sabine Baring-Gould (1834–1924) was once intrigued via the gruesome and sometimes savage background of the center a long time. The famous writer and folklorist’s fascination with the interval led to this soaking up compilation of classic stories surrounding such figures as William inform and the guy within the Moon.
Portrayed through early shuttle writers as historic pagan survivals, gala's in Sardinia have lengthy interested either local islanders and outsiders. yet on the sunrise of the twenty-first century, this Mediterranean island has develop into a part of a world financial system, and its fairs allure travelers from worldwide.
The Ozidi Saga is one among Africa's top identified prosimetric epics, set within the Delta area of Nigeria. Blood at the Tides examines the epic -- a story of a warrior and his sorcerer grandmother's revenge upon the assassins who killed her son -- either as an instance of oral literature and as a mirrored image of the categorical social and political matters of the Nigerian Delta and the rustic as awhole.
Vampire characters are ubiquitous in pop culture, serving as metaphors for society’s so much delicate subjects—sexuality, gender roles, race, ethnicity, class—and frequently channeling common fears of immigration, crime, terrorism and habit. This publication explores pop culture’s vampires variously as sexual seducers, savage monsters, noble protectors and drainers of human energy.
- Haunted St. Paul (Haunted America)
- Archetypal Dimensions of the Psyche
- The Last Laugh: Folk Humor, Celebrity Culture, and Mass-Mediated Disasters in the Digital Age (Folklore Studies in a Multicultural World)
- Eight Words for the Study of Expressive Culture
Additional resources for Banshees, Werewolves, Vampires, and Other Creatures of the Night: Facts, Fictions, and First-Hand Accounts