By Eleanor Main,Linda Denehy
The 5th version of this seminal textbook keeps to supply those people who are learning or are in perform with finished evidence-based insurance of the entire major points of breathing and cardiac physiotherapy in the course of the complete lifespan – neonates, babies, teenagers, children and adults – with the sufferer at centre and advocating a problem-based approach.
For the hot variation, Jennifer Pryor and Ammani Prasad hand the baton of editorship and their lasting legacy over to Eleanor major and Linda Denehy. With a group of over 60 foreign specialist authors, the recent editors have included significant adjustments reflecting present cardiorespiratory physiotherapy schooling and perform. those alterations are heralded through a brand new name – Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy: Adults and Paediatrics (formerly Physiotherapy for respiration and Cardiac difficulties: Adults and Paediatrics) – and an important restructure of the content material with a brand new set of chapters.
A new key bankruptcy on anatomy and body structure of the breathing procedure lays the basis that is then by means of a bankruptcy on scientific evaluate of adults, babies and youngsters, and acutely ailing or deteriorating sufferers. extra new content material contains a bankruptcy on final result size in perform and a wide bankruptcy describing rehabilitation in acute and persistent stipulations in unique populations together with spinal wire harm, oncology, trauma and paediatrics. The bankruptcy on healing interventions is entire and reflective of proof dependent practice.
- Integrates proof with scientific practice
- Case experiences used to facilitate challenge solving
- Boxes all through highlighting key matters and points
- Emphasizes the necessity for a holistic method of sufferer care
- Bank of 350 pictures on Evolve assets. go surfing to https://evolve.elsevier.com/Main/cardiorespiratory and check in to entry.
- Newly appointed editors – Eleanor major (UK) and Linda Denehy (Australia)
- Content restructure and overhaul with contributions from over 60 global best experts
- Chapters on:
- Anatomy and body structure of the breathing system
- Clinical evaluation of the grownup, infant/child and the acutely ill/deteriorating patient
- Outcome size in practice
- Therapeutic interventions
- Managing distinctive populations
- Over a hundred and eighty new figures together with extra full-colour photographs
Read or Download Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy: Adults and Paediatrics E-Book: formerly Physiotherapy for Respiratory and Cardiac Problems (Physiotherapy Essentials) PDF
Best allied health professions books
SHARPEN YOUR severe considering abilities and get ready FOR REAL-WORLD perform WITH scientific circumstances New within the authoritative Case documents sequence, actual treatment Case documents: Orthopaedics promises case experiences that illustrate severe thoughts you must construct and improve your talents in orthopaedic actual remedy.
This publication, released in cooperation with ESSKA, offers an exhaustive evaluation of the meniscus and its pathology, protecting all points from the fundamental technological know-how of the conventional meniscus to medical and imaging analysis, meniscus fix and meniscectomy, results and issues, postoperative administration, and rising applied sciences.
There'll continuously be a necessity for execs to paintings collaboratively in the event that they are to supply the top average of care. Interprofessional operating encourages practitioners to appreciate the jobs of alternative execs and to benefit from one another, in addition to from provider clients and carers, to make sure the whole advantage of this collaboration is realised.
This ebook makes a speciality of with musculoskeletal imaging: over the past few years, there were significant advances during this quarter, pushed by way of scientific in addition to technological advancements. The authors, across the world well known specialists of their box, have contributed chapters which are disease-oriented and canopy all correct imaging modalities, together with magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, and positron emission tomography.
- Sheehy’s Manual of Emergency Care - E-Book (Newberry, Sheehy's Manual of Emergency Care)
- Leitfaden Lymphologie (German Edition)
- Consumer Health Informatics: Informing Consumers and Improving Health Care
- Genetics and Global Public Health: Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia
- Strategic Radiographic Positioning
- Phlebotomy Simplified
Extra resources for Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy: Adults and Paediatrics E-Book: formerly Physiotherapy for Respiratory and Cardiac Problems (Physiotherapy Essentials)