By Michael Zabarankin,Stanislav Uryasev
Statistical determination Problems offers a brief and concise advent into the idea of chance, deviation and mistake measures that play a key position in statistical selection difficulties. It introduces state of the art sensible determination making via twenty-one case experiences from real-life purposes. The case stories conceal a huge quarter of themes and the authors comprise hyperlinks with resource code and knowledge, a really useful device for the reader. In its center, the textual content demonstrates how one can use various factors to formulate statistical selection difficulties coming up in quite a few threat administration purposes, similar to optimum hedging, portfolio optimization, money movement matching, category, and extra.
The presentation is prepared into 3 components: chosen strategies of statistical determination idea, statistical selection difficulties, and case experiences with portfolio shield. The textual content is essentially aimed toward practitioners within the components of threat administration, selection making, and data. besides the fact that, the inclusion of a good little bit of mathematical rigor renders this monograph a very good advent to the idea of normal errors, deviation, and danger measures for graduate scholars. it may be used as supplementary interpreting for graduate classes together with statistical research, facts mining, stochastic programming, monetary engineering, to call a number of. The excessive point of aspect may perhaps serve helpful to utilized mathematicians, engineers, and statisticians attracted to modeling and dealing with danger in numerous functions.
By Jesus Mena
Increasingly, crimes and fraud are electronic in nature, happening at breakneck velocity and encompassing huge volumes of knowledge. To strive against this illegal job, wisdom in regards to the use of desktop studying expertise and software program is necessary. Machine studying Forensics for legislations Enforcement, safeguard, and Intelligence integrates an collection of deductive and instructive instruments, concepts, and applied sciences to arm execs with the instruments they should be ready and remain sooner than the game.
The booklet is a realistic consultant on tips to behavior forensic investigations utilizing self-organizing clustering map (SOM) neural networks, textual content extraction, and rule producing software program to "interrogate the evidence." This robust info is imperative for fraud detection, cybersecurity, aggressive counterintelligence, and company and litigation investigations. The ebook additionally presents step by step directions on tips on how to build adaptive felony and fraud detection platforms for organizations.
Prediction is the key
Internet task, e mail, and instant communications should be captured, modeled, and deployed with the intention to expect strength cyber assaults and different sorts of crimes. The profitable prediction of human reactions and server activities by way of quantifying their behaviors is useful for pre-empting criminality. This quantity assists leader info officials, legislation enforcement team of workers, criminal and IT pros, investigators, and aggressive intelligence analysts within the strategic making plans had to realize the styles of legal actions with a purpose to expect whilst and the place crimes and intrusions tend to take place.
By Sergei V. Chekanov
Written by means of the first developer of the jHepWork data-analysis framework, the booklet presents a competent and entire reference resource laying the basis for data-analysis functions utilizing Java scripting. greater than 250 code snippets (of round 10-20 traces every one) written in Jython and Java, plus a number of real-life examples aid the reader improve a real feeling for facts research strategies and their programming implementation.
This is the 1st data-analysis and data-mining booklet that is thoroughly in line with the Jython language, and opens doorways to scripting utilizing a completely multi-platform and multi-threaded strategy. Graduate scholars and researchers will enjoy the details awarded during this book.
By Wolfgang Hiller,Reinhard Budich,René Redler
By Tansel Özyer,Zeki Erdem,Jon Rokne,Suheil Khoury
By Yuvraj Gupta,Ravi Kumar Gupta
Get the main out of the Elastic Stack for numerous complicated analytics utilizing this complete and functional guide
About This Book
- Your one-stop strategy to practice complicated analytics with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Learn how you can make higher feel of your facts via looking, studying, and logging facts in a scientific way
- This hugely sensible advisor takes you thru a complicated implementation at the ELK stack on your company environment
Who This e-book Is For
This publication cater to builders utilizing the Elastic stack of their daily paintings who're conversant in the fundamentals of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, and now are looking to turn into knowledgeable at utilizing the Elastic stack for info analytics.
What you'll Learn
- Build a pipeline with aid of Logstash and Beats to imagine Elasticsearch info in Kibana
- Use Beats to send any kind of information to the Elastic stack
- Understand Elasticsearch APIs, modules, and different complex concepts
- Explore Logstash and it truly is plugins
- Discover the right way to make the most of the recent Kibana UI for complicated analytics
- See how one can paintings with the Elastic Stack utilizing different complicated configurations
- Customize the Elastic Stack and plugin improvement for every of the component
- Work with the Elastic Stack in a construction environment
- Explore a few of the elements of X-Pack in detail.
Even based facts is dead if it can not help you to take strategic judgements and enhance current method. should you like to play with info, or your task calls for you to strategy customized log codecs, layout a scalable research procedure, and deal with logs to do real-time info research, this publication is your one-stop answer. via combining the vastly well known Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, and Kibana, elastic.co has complex the end-to-end stack that grants actionable insights in genuine time from virtually any kind of dependent or unstructured info resource. in the event that your task calls for you to method customized log codecs, layout a scalable research method, discover quite a few facts, and deal with logs, this e-book is your one-stop answer. you are going to create real-time dashboards and the way to control the lifestyles cycle of logs intimately via real-life scenarios.
This e-book brushes up your uncomplicated wisdom on imposing the Elastic Stack after which dives deeper into advanced and complex implementations of the Elastic Stack. we will assist you to unravel info analytics demanding situations utilizing the Elastic Stack and supply functional steps on centralized logging and real-time analytics with the Elastic Stack in construction. you'll get to grip with complex ideas for log research and visualization. Newly introduced good points resembling Beats and X-Pack also are lined intimately with examples.
Toward the top, you will see that the way to use the Elastic stack for real-world case experiences and we will express you a few top practices and troubleshooting thoughts for the Elastic Stack.
Style and approach
This functional consultant exhibits you ways to accomplish complicated analytics with the Elastic stack via real-world use instances. It contains universal and a few no longer so universal eventualities to exploit the Elastic stack for facts analysis.
By Krish Krishnan,W.H. Inmon
By Misako Takayasu ,Tsutomu Watanabe,Hideki Takayasu
By Jean-Marc Spaggiari,Kevin O'Dell
HBase is a awesome software for indexing mass volumes of knowledge, yet getting began with this disbursed database and its atmosphere may be daunting. With this hands-on advisor, you’ll methods to architect, layout, and set up your personal HBase functions through reading real-world options. besides HBase ideas and cluster deployment guidance, this booklet contains in-depth case reviews that exhibit how huge businesses solved particular use instances with HBase.
Authors Jean-Marc Spaggiari and Kevin O’Dell additionally offer draft options and code examples that can assist you enforce your personal types of these use circumstances, from grasp information administration (MDM) and rfile garage to close real-time occasion processing. You’ll additionally study troubleshooting options that can assist you stay away from universal deployment mistakes.
- Learn precisely what HBase does, what its surroundings comprises, and the way to establish your environment
- Explore how real-world HBase cases have been deployed and placed into production
- Examine documented use situations for monitoring healthcare claims, electronic ads, information administration, and product quality
- Understand how HBase works with instruments and strategies corresponding to Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, and the Java API
- Learn how you can determine the explanations and comprehend the implications of the most typical HBase issues
By Stacia Misner
Use your SQL Server talents to create and deal with key info reports
Deliver interactive company intelligence stories utilizing SQL Server 2012 Reporting companies, and support facilitate real-time selection making through the company. SQL Server specialist Stacia Misner indicates you intimately easy methods to layout, deal with, and entry customized reviews that catch info from a number of resources. This e-book is perfect for knowledgeable SQL Server builders, even if you’re new to Reporting companies or upgrading from an past model.
Discover the way to:
- Use the newest gains, together with the facility View advert hoc reporting device
- Design stories via figuring out how your viewers accesses and makes use of facts
- Add interactive positive aspects to aid finish clients variety and clear out information
- Create wealthy information visualization with charts, gauges, indictors, and knowledge maps
- Configure your record server, supply safeguard, and computer screen file contents
- Use SharePoint or file supervisor to look and entry experiences on-line
- Create a library of file elements that consumers can use for advert hoc reporting
- Build and deal with studies utilizing Reporting providers as a improvement platform