By William R. Thompson,Jack S. Levy
- Utilizes ancient examples to demonstrate person theories throughout
- Includes an research of theories of civil wars in addition to interstate wars -- one of many merely texts to do both
- Written via former foreign reports organization Presidents
Read Online or Download Causes of War PDF
Similar international affairs books
40 years in the past, because the usa grew to become more and more eager about Vietnam, questions have been raised in Canada concerning the dating among its overseas coverage time table and that of its southern neighbour. Now, with the new wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, it's time to elevate a similar questions: does Canada desire an self sufficient international coverage?
A number of Paths to wisdom in diplomacy offers a uniquely beneficial view of present techniques and findings in clash experiences. This quantity showcases paintings knowledgeable by means of 4 strong examine instruments: rational selection thought and online game thought; simulation, experimentation, and synthetic intelligence; quantitative experiences; and case stories.
This up to date variation of Treaty Talks in British Columbia strains the origins and improvement of treaty negotiations within the province and encompasses a postscript, co-authored with Peter Colenbrander, that offers an intensive assessment of the treaty procedure from 2001 to 2009. The authors define the achievements of and demanding situations for the treaty approach and evaluate the most fresh jurisprudence affecting local and non-Native rights.
Max Weber explored the political, epistemological and moral difficulties of modernity, and understood how heavily hooked up they have been. His efforts are resourceful, subtle, even inspiring, but in addition fallacious. Weber's epistemological successes and screw ups spotlight unresolvable tensions which are simply as mentioned at the present time and from which now we have a lot to profit.
- The China Dream: Great Power Thinking and Strategic Posture in the Post-American Era
- The Comprehensive Peace Agreement Sudan 2005: An example of successful peacebuilding?
- US Foreign Policy on Transitional Justice
- Emotions in International Politics: Beyond Mainstream International Relations
Extra resources for Causes of War