By Yang Shangfeng Et Al,Shangfeng Yang,Chun-Ru Wang
Endohedral fullerenes characterize a singular relations of carbon nanostructures, that are characterised via a strong fullerene cage with atoms, ions, or clusters trapped in its inside. because the first separation of the endohedral metallofullerene La@C82 in 1991, a wide number of endohedral buildings were remoted and their endohedral nature has been proved by way of experimental reviews. in the previous twenty years, the realm of endohedral fullerenes was once considerably enlarged by way of the clusterfullerenes and the recent carbon cages together with non-IPR (IPR=isolated pentagon rule) constructions. as a result of the cost move from the encaged species to the fullerene cage, endohedral fullerenes carry loads of interesting houses inaccessible through the empty fullerenes, and accordingly promise strength purposes in biomedicine, molecular electronics and photonics etc.
The booklet presents a accomplished evaluation of endohedral fullerenes serious about the hot advances long ago decade, together with its basics (structures), synthesis, isolation, characterization, homes, functionalization in addition to the functions, therefore representing the main up to date and large evaluate of this intriguing field.
- The Early Days of Metallofullerene study (Hisanori Shinohara)
- Synthesis and Isolation of Endohedral Fullerenes — A basic assessment (Fupin Liu, Jian Guan, Tao Wei, track Wang and Shangfeng Yang)
- Crystallographic examine of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Yun-Peng Xie, Shasha Zhao and Xing Lu)
- Metal Nitride Clusterfullerenes — New Advances and demanding situations (Tao Wei, tune Wang, Fupin Liu, Jian Guan, Alexey A Popov, Lothar Dunsch and Shangfeng Yang)
- Metal Carbide Clusterfullerenes (Taishan Wang and Chunru Wang)
- The Discovery of Non-IPR Fullerenes (Wei Xu, Chunying Shu and Chunru Wang)
- Metal Oxide Clusterfullerenes (Steven Stevenson)
- Nitrogen Atom-Based Endohedral Fullerenes and capability purposes (B J Farrington and ok Porfyrakis)
- Noble-Gas Fullerenes (R James go, Jr)
- Electrochemical houses of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Luis Echegoyen, Frederic Melin and Manuel N Chaur)
- Chemical Functionalization of Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Yutaka Maeda)
- Computational reviews of Endohedral Fullerenes: Bonding, Isomerism, inner Dynamics, Spectroscopy, and Chemical Reactivity (Alexey A Popov)
- Biomedical functions of Trimetallic Nitride Endohedral Metallofullerenes (Jianyuan Zhang, Boris M Kiselev, Youqing Ye and Harry C Dorn)
- Higher LUMO point Endohedral Fullerene and Fullerene Bisadduct Acceptors for Polymer sunlight Cells (Yongfang Li)
Readership: complicated undergraduates and graduate scholars, scientists in Chemistry, Physics, and fabrics technological know-how, researchers and pros within the fields of fullerenes and all-carbon nanomaterials, and most of the people.
Read or Download Endohedral Fullerenes:From Fundamentals to Applications PDF
Best nanostructures books
One-Dimensional Nanostructures: Electrospinning approach and specified Nanofibers is a accomplished e-book depicting the electrospinning process and similar 1D distinctive electrospun nanofibers. the 1st a part of the booklet makes a speciality of electrospinning strategy, with chapters describing Electrospinning setup, electrospinning theories, and similar operating parameter.
This publication presents an up to date evaluate at the improvement of scanning probe microscopy and comparable concepts, and the provision of computational strategies no longer even conceivable a number of many years in the past. The 36 chapters disguise instrumental facets, theoretical versions and chosen experimental effects, therefore supplying a wide panoramic view on primary matters in nanotribology that are at the moment being investigated.
Inclusive of ten chapters written via many of the world’s leaders within the box, this e-book combines experimental, theoretical and numerical experiences of current-driven phenomena within the nanoscale. the subjects coated variety from single-molecule, site-specific nanochemistry brought about by way of a scanning tunneling microscope, via inelastic tunneling spectroscopy and current-induced heating, to current-triggered molecular machines.
This publication is the 1st finished choice of digital elements of other forms of elastomer composites, together with combos of man-made, usual and thermoplastic elastomers with various carrying out fillers like steel nanoparticles, carbon nanotubes, or graphenes, and plenty of extra. It covers elastomer composites, that are invaluable in digital functions, together with chemical and actual in addition to fabric technological know-how points.
- Physical Models of Semiconductor Quantum Devices
- Polymer Composites – Polyolefin Fractionation – Polymeric Peptidomimetics – Collagens (Advances in Polymer Science)
- Scanning Probe Microscopy in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 3 (NanoScience and Technology)
- High Temperature Deformation and Fracture of Materials (Woodhead Publishing in Materials)
- Atmospheric Corrosion (The ECS Series of Texts and Monographs)
Extra info for Endohedral Fullerenes:From Fundamentals to Applications