By María de los Ángeles Gómez González,Teresa Sánchez Roura
English Pronunciation for audio system of Spanish fills a gaping gap out there for books on English phonetics and pronunciation since it not just combines theoretical matters and purposes to perform, however it additionally adopts a contrastive English-Spanish method of higher swimsuit the wishes of Spanish-speaking newcomers of English (SSLE), permitting them to construct progressively at the wisdom won in each one chapter.
The publication covers the most important innovations of English phonetics and phonology in seven chapters written in an obtainable and fascinating type:
1. Phonetics and Phonology
2. The creation and type of Speech Sounds
3. Vowels and Glides
5. phase Dynamics: elements of attached Speech
6. past the phase: rigidity and Intonation
7. Predicting Pronunciation from Spelling (and vice versa)
- in-text audio illustrations, in addition to over 100 written and audio workouts with corresponding keys and other forms of paintings (Tables, Figures, illustrations, spectrograms, etc.)
- classic readings within the self-discipline within the extra studying portion of each one bankruptcy
- highlights the phonetic contrasts and particular cues which are extra very important to assist comprehension in English and provides guidance on "correct" pronunciation conduct to aid SSLE sound as shut as attainable to local English
Features of the web site:
- a entire sound financial institution defining and illustrating the sounds of English RP in comparison with these of Peninsular Spanish
- written definitions and lively diagrams, video clips and unique recordings (by local audio system of English and Spanish) exhibiting the articulation of every sound, along its most typical spellings, in addition to pronunciation perform for person phrases and entire sentences
- a entire number of over 100 written and audio routines (with their keys) for perform either at domestic or within the language lab
- audio records akin to the audio illustrations given within the written ebook
- a repository of invaluable assets by means of themes and an inventory of on-line glossaries and pronunciation dictionaries
Read Online or Download English Pronunciation for Speakers of Spanish: From Theory to Practice (Mouton Textbook) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Professor Howard Lasnik is likely one of the world's top theoretical linguists. He has produced influential and critical paintings in components equivalent to syntactic thought, logical shape, and learnability. This number of essays attracts jointly a few of his top paintings from his tremendous contribution to linguistic concept.
Opposed to a backdrop of the ethnic strife within the Balkans and the cave in of Yugoslavia in 1991, Robert Greenberg describes how the languages of Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Serbia, and Montenegro got here into being and indicates how their genesis displays ethnic, non secular, and political identification. His first-hand observations sooner than and after Communism supply insights into the character of language swap and the relation among language and id.
Studying Languages, studying lifestyles talents bargains an autobiographical reflexive method of overseas language schooling. The orientation of the booklet is sensible, containing wealthy descriptions of language studying events together with actual language use and pupil tales. instructing, together with making plans, equipment, lecture room paintings and review, and case experiences of 'good' language studying and the way discussion in response to reminiscing can be utilized to advertise scholars’ wellbeing and fitness within the language school room are defined intimately.
This white paper is a part of a chain that promotes wisdom approximately language know-how and its strength. It addresses educators, newshounds, politicians, language groups and others. the provision and use of language expertise in Europe varies among languages. for this reason, the activities which are required to additional help examine and improvement of language applied sciences additionally fluctuate for every language.
- Understanding Relative Clauses: A Usage-Based View on the Processing of Complex Constructions (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM])
- The Blackwell History of the Latin Language
- Wahlwerbespots als Instrument der Wahlkampfkommunikation: Eine sprachliche Analyse der Wahlspots von CDU und SPD zur Bundestagwahl 2009 (German Edition)
- Language Planning and Language Policy: East Asian Perspectives
Extra info for English Pronunciation for Speakers of Spanish: From Theory to Practice (Mouton Textbook)