By Syed Farooq Hasnat
This booklet info the family safeguard matters of Pakistan, encompassing the hazards of insurgencies, the results of spiritual extremism and terrorism, and the malfunction of its political institutions.
• Maps and illustrations make clear key themes or old events
• Bibliography comprises books and articles of relevance
• thesaurus defines key phrases and terms
Read Online or Download Global Security Watch—Pakistan (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar terrorism books
No description to be had
This can be the 1st ebook to set out a complete framework wherein to appreciate terrorism as method. It contends that even terrorism of the supposedly nihilist kind should be seen as a bona fide strategy for dispensing potential to fulfil the ends of coverage, that's, as a technique. the most function of the paintings is to explain the dynamics of terrorism and evaluation their effectiveness, in addition to to theorize upon, and make clear the correlation among, political ends and terrorist ability.
The present paradigm of violence in South Asia relies on militancy and strategic terrorism drawing from extremist ideologies, be it faith, ethnicity or sub nationalism around the area. whereas usually fundamentalism is expounded to be the middle of clash in South Asia, there are lots of varied threads to instability.
Osama bin Laden's loss of life in could 2011 marked purely the symbolic finish of an period. by the point of his killing, he now not represented the Robin Hood icon that after stirred worldwide fascination. Ten years after the eleven September 2001 assaults, jihadi terrorism has mostly misplaced its juggernaut luster. It now quite often resembles a patchwork of self-radicalising neighborhood teams with foreign contacts yet with none vital organisational layout - equivalent to the novel left terrorism of the Seventies and the anarchist fin-de-siècle terrorism.
- The United States, Europe, and the Wider Middle East (Conference Proceedings / Rand Corporation)
- Cancer in America: The Enemy Within--The Latent Islamic Invasion Into the New World and Its Adverse Affect on America
- Terrorism and the State: Intra-state Dynamics and the Response to Non-State Political Violence (Rethinking Political Violence)
- European Social Movements and Muslim Activism: Another World but with Whom? (Palgrave Politics of Identity and Citizenship Series)
- Flashpoints in the War on Terrorism
- Irish Republican Terrorism and Politics: A Comparative Study of the Official and the Provisional IRA (Political Violence)
Extra info for Global Security Watch—Pakistan (Praeger Security International)