By Scott O. Lilienfeld,Irwin D. Waldman
- Discusses the pointed demanding situations posed by way of critics to the sphere of mental learn, that have given pause to mental researchers throughout a vast spectrum of sub-fields
- Argues that these engaging in mental examine have to essentially switch the way in which they consider facts and effects, with a view to make sure that psychology has an organization foundation in empirical science
- Places the new demanding situations mentioned right into a huge old and conceptual viewpoint, and considers their implications for the way forward for mental method and research
- Challenges mentioned contain affirmation bias, the results of furnish strain, false-positive findings, overestimating the efficacy of medicines, and excessive correlations in practical mind imaging
- Chapters are authored via across the world well-known specialists of their fields, and are written with at least really good terminology to make sure accessibility to scholars and lay readers
Read or Download Psychological Science Under Scrutiny: Recent Challenges and Proposed Solutions PDF
Best psychological research books
This mind-opening tackle indigenous psychology provides a multi-level research of tradition to border the diversities among chinese language and Western cognitive and emotive types. japanese and Western cultures are obvious right here as reflect photographs by way of rationality, relational considering, and symmetry or concord.
This publication presents a accomplished review of private build psychology (PCP) that would aid researchers comprehend the why's, what is and how's of accomplishing a rigorous constructivist examine undertaking. From the theoretical underpinnings of constructivist ways to the sensible values of those recommendations, those 3 specialist authors clarify the right way to behavior interpretative, constructivist examine from inception to of completion.
During this serious reader, the easiest writing of 2 dozen key figures in qualitative examine is accumulated jointly to assist scholars to spot rising topics within the box and the newest deliberating the leaders in qualitative inquiry. those groundbreaking articles are pulled from a decade of social justice-focused plenary volumes emanating from the once a year overseas Congress of Qualitative Inquiry.
This ebook examines violence. It appears to be like on the nature and kinds of violence, the explanations of violence, and the emotional wake left by way of violent episodes. within the 20th century, the realm skilled global wars and numerous different wars. Many hundreds of thousands died violent deaths from homicide, loss of life squads, purges, riots, revolutions, ethnic detoxing, rape, theft, household violence, suicide, gang violence, terrorist acts, genocide, and in lots of alternative routes.
- Consciousness as a Scientific Concept: A Philosophy of Science Perspective: 5 (Studies in Brain and Mind)
- Making Sense of Social Research (Sage Benchmarks in Social Research Methods)
- Methoden der Experten- und Stakeholdereinbindung in der sozialwissenschaftlichen Forschung (German Edition)
- Introduction to Behavioral Research Methods: Pearson New International Edition
Additional resources for Psychological Science Under Scrutiny: Recent Challenges and Proposed Solutions