By Tushar K. Ghosh,Mark A. Prelas,Dabir S. Viswanath,Sudarshan K. Loyalka
Traditionally, assets on terrorism and counterterrorism are likely to specialise in the social, behavioral, and criminal facets of the topic, with minimum emphasis at the medical and technological facets. considering those sensible issues, the second one version of Science and know-how of Terrorism and Counterterrorism discusses the character of terrorism and the fabrics utilized by terrorists. It describes how intelligence pros and legislations enforcement team of workers can observe and ruin those fabrics, and the way they could care for terrorist groups.
This quantity starts off by way of introducing the shift in research of terrorist assaults after September eleven, 2001 and summarizes chosen case reports. It discusses the beginning and nature of terrorism and the standards fascinated by international relations. overlaying a wide diversity of subject matters, the publication examines:
- Aerosol dispersion of poisonous materials
- Bioterrorism and the manufacture, detection, and supply of organic agents
- Agricultural terrorism
- Nuclear terrorism and nuclear guns platforms, threats, and safeguards
- Chemical terrorism, together with manufacture, detection, supply, and decontamination
- Personal protecting equipment
- The function of presidency at federal, kingdom, and native levels
- The position of overseas companies and their assets, functions, and responsibilities
- The nationwide Infrastructure security Plan
As terrorist actions bring up globally, it's serious that these charged with retaining the general public comprehend the myriad of the way during which terrorists function. whereas we can't are expecting the place, whilst, and the way terrorists will strike, our vigilance in staying abreast of the terrorist probability is the one option to have a battling probability opposed to those that search to break our world.
Read Online or Download Science and Technology of Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Second Edition (Public Administration and Public Policy) PDF
Best terrorism books
No description to be had
This can be the 1st ebook to set out a finished framework during which to appreciate terrorism as method. It contends that even terrorism of the supposedly nihilist kind might be considered as a bona fide strategy for allotting capability to fulfil the ends of coverage, that's, as a method. the most objective of the paintings is to explain the dynamics of terrorism and assessment their effectiveness, in addition to to theorize upon, and make clear the correlation among, political ends and terrorist ability.
The present paradigm of violence in South Asia relies on militancy and strategic terrorism drawing from extremist ideologies, be it faith, ethnicity or sub nationalism around the area. whereas usually fundamentalism is expounded to be the middle of clash in South Asia, there are numerous diversified threads to instability.
Osama bin Laden's dying in could 2011 marked in simple terms the symbolic finish of an period. by the point of his killing, he not represented the Robin Hood icon that when stirred worldwide fascination. Ten years after the eleven September 2001 assaults, jihadi terrorism has mostly misplaced its juggernaut luster. It now generally resembles a patchwork of self-radicalising neighborhood teams with foreign contacts yet with none vital organisational layout - corresponding to the novel left terrorism of the Seventies and the anarchist fin-de-siècle terrorism.
- States in Disguise: Causes of State Support for Rebel Groups
- Die Zelle: Rechter Terror in Deutschland (German Edition)
- Asymmetrische Kriege: Die Herausforderung für die deutsche Sicherheitspolitik im 21. Jahrhundert (German Edition)
- Reorganizing U.S. Domestic Intelligence: Assessing the Options
Additional info for Science and Technology of Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Second Edition (Public Administration and Public Policy)