By Masood Ashraf Raja
Read or Download The Religious Right and the Talibanization of America PDF
Best terrorism books
No description to be had
This is often the 1st ebook to set out a complete framework in which to appreciate terrorism as process. It contends that even terrorism of the supposedly nihilist type might be seen as a bona fide procedure for dispensing ability to fulfil the ends of coverage, that's, as a technique. the most objective of the paintings is to explain the dynamics of terrorism and overview their effectiveness, in addition to to theorize upon, and make clear the correlation among, political ends and terrorist capacity.
The present paradigm of violence in South Asia relies on militancy and strategic terrorism drawing from extremist ideologies, be it faith, ethnicity or sub nationalism around the sector. whereas usually fundamentalism is related to be the middle of clash in South Asia, there are lots of assorted threads to instability.
Osama bin Laden's loss of life in may well 2011 marked in simple terms the symbolic finish of an period. by the point of his killing, he now not represented the Robin Hood icon that after stirred international fascination. Ten years after the eleven September 2001 assaults, jihadi terrorism has mostly misplaced its juggernaut luster. It now usually resembles a patchwork of self-radicalising neighborhood teams with foreign contacts yet with none imperative organisational layout - similar to the unconventional left terrorism of the Seventies and the anarchist fin-de-siècle terrorism.
- Conventional Coercion Across the Spectrum of Operations: The Utility of U.S. Military Forces in the Emerging Security Environment
- Social Networks, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism: Radical and Connected (Contemporary Terrorism Studies)
- Tower Stories: An Oral History of 9/11
- The International Politics of Eurasia: v. 8: Economic Transition in Russia and the New States of Eurasia
- Mental Health in the War on Terror: Culture, Science, and Statecraft
Extra resources for The Religious Right and the Talibanization of America