By Mark Silinsky
Understand the complexities of the main deadly rebel team of America's longest war—the Taliban.
• offers insights from an writer with educational education in politics and economics in addition to a 30-year security intelligence group heritage, together with serving as a military analyst in Afghanistan
• provides info lately got less than the liberty of knowledge Act
• Analyzes the tribal, non secular, political, and overseas components of the better Taliban problem
Read or Download The Taliban: Afghanistan's Most Lethal Insurgents (Praeger Security International) PDF
Similar terrorism books
No description on hand
This is often the 1st publication to set out a entire framework in which to appreciate terrorism as method. It contends that even terrorism of the supposedly nihilist type might be considered as a bona fide approach for allotting capability to fulfil the ends of coverage, that's, as a method. the most function of the paintings is to explain the dynamics of terrorism and review their effectiveness, in addition to to theorize upon, and make clear the correlation among, political ends and terrorist ability.
The present paradigm of violence in South Asia is predicated on militancy and strategic terrorism drawing from extremist ideologies, be it faith, ethnicity or sub nationalism around the zone. whereas often fundamentalism is expounded to be the middle of clash in South Asia, there are various different threads to instability.
Osama bin Laden's dying in may well 2011 marked in simple terms the symbolic finish of an period. by the point of his killing, he not represented the Robin Hood icon that when stirred worldwide fascination. Ten years after the eleven September 2001 assaults, jihadi terrorism has mostly misplaced its juggernaut luster. It now ordinarily resembles a patchwork of self-radicalising neighborhood teams with overseas contacts yet with none imperative organisational layout - resembling the unconventional left terrorism of the Seventies and the anarchist fin-de-siècle terrorism.
- Virtual Caliphate: Exposing the Islamist State on the Internet
- The Lost Hegemon: Whom the gods would destroy
- Italicus: 1974, l’anno delle quattro stragi (Italian Edition)
- Dschihadisten - Feldforschung in den Milieus: Die Analyse zu 'Black Box Dschihad' (Schriftenreihe Politik und Kultur) (German Edition)
Additional resources for The Taliban: Afghanistan's Most Lethal Insurgents (Praeger Security International)