By Karen Mui-Teng Quek,Shi-Ruei Sherry Fang
This research-to-practice quantity grounds clinicians in a strong, culturally-informed framework for carrying out powerful remedy with Asian-American undefined, households, and members. family members, cultural, social, and religious dynamics are explored throughout ethnicities, generations, relationships, and immigrant/citizen adventure to mirror a various, transforming into inhabitants. dialogue and case examples specialize in contrasts, conflicts, and balances inquisitive about acculturation and alter, significantly the shift from collectivist cultural culture to a extra autonomous view of the self, gender, offerings, and relationships. The members’ finely shaded counsel and obtainable process may also help therapists offer applicable companies for Asian-American consumers with out minimizing or pathologizing their experiences.
Included within the coverage:
- How Asian American negotiate relational concord: collectivism and gender equality.
- Through faith: working-class Korean immigrant ladies negotiate patriarchy.
- The position of chinese language grandparents of their grownup children’s parenting practices within the United States.
- Balancing the previous and the hot: the case of moment iteration Filipino American women.
- Bicultural id as a protecting issue between Southeast Asian American adolescence who've witnessed family violence.
Transition and alter in Collectivist relatives existence is a cogent scientific source for practitioners and psychological well-being execs with pursuits in Asian-American kinfolk treatment, psychotherapy, collectivism, and faith-based neighborhood and counseling.
Read Online or Download Transition and Change in Collectivist Family Life: Strategies for Clinical Practice with Asian Americans (AFTA SpringerBriefs in Family Therapy) PDF
Best psychotherapy, ta & nlp books
This e-book is set a private trip, an experience that has the capability to alter one's complete outlook. it really is an advent to psychotherapy that offers transparent and direct solutions to frequently asked questions about mental therapy: How do i do know while to go into remedy? How do i'm going approximately opting for a therapist?
An enticing strategy to conceal moral offerings in counseling settings This consultant will take readers on a wide-ranging travel of ethics—covering either the theoretical and functional elements of offering sound, moral care. as well as worthwhile info, this ebook offers entry to bankruptcy pursuits, candid case reports, tales from either scholars and counselors, questions for mirrored image, and pupil dialogue actions.
All counsellors are pressured to take account of the varied society during which they perform and to notify themselves of most sensible perform with all patron teams. This booklet presents a modern psychodynamic standpoint on distinction and variety to convey practitioners modern with present pondering whilst confronted with a consumer who's in a roundabout way 'different'.
Dieses Selbsthilfemanual für Menschen mit Zwangsstörungen zeigt Betroffenen anhand zahlreicher unterhaltsamer Beispiele sowie bewährten und neuen Behandlungsstrategien, wie guy zwangstypischen „Denkfallen“ (z. B. übermäßige Verantwortungsübernahme, Perfektionismus) entgehen kann. Eine umfangreiche Materialsammlung leitet Betroffene dazu an, wiederkehrende Denkfallen erst zu erkennen und dann zu „entschärfen“.
- Psychodrama: Advances in Theory and Practice (Advancing Theory in Therapy)
- Störungen der Geschlechtsidentität: Ursachen, Verlauf, Therapie (German Edition)
- INT - Integrierte neurokognitive Therapie bei schizophren Erkrankten (German Edition)
- Psychosoziale Therapien bei schweren psychischen Erkrankungen: Patientenleitlinie für Betroffene und Angehörige (German Edition)
Additional resources for Transition and Change in Collectivist Family Life: Strategies for Clinical Practice with Asian Americans (AFTA SpringerBriefs in Family Therapy)