By Raja Menon
A good deal of literature exists on overseas regimes and their makes an attempt to scale back the proliferation of WMD. For a few years the nationwide attempt appeared to be restrained to depending completely on those overseas regimes to make sure the protection of the country. This e-book is groundbreaking in that it concentrates extra at the defense of society and the militia opposed to either kingdom and non-state actors armed with WMD, and not more at the foreign regimes. also, the publication deals an in depth list for the formula of a countrywide technique to shield the folk of India from WMD brokers, whereas suggesting a counter-proliferation technique. With contributions from best analysts within the box, many of the vital concerns which are mentioned right here contain:
- the chance that WMD pose to governments and to the population at huge.
- the particular risk of WMD and the situations that India must safeguard opposed to.
- no matter if India faces a better WMD hazard from country or non-state actors.
- the potential protecting measures that may be undertaken to protect opposed to those threats.
- the placement that the Indian executive must absorb foreign fora whereas addressing overseas projects to avoid using WMD.
Read Online or Download Weapons of Mass Destruction: Options for India PDF
Best arms controls books
Even though it gets less recognition than greater identified disarmament strategies, the destruction of small fingers is reshaping the army arsenals of the realm. Out of approximately 2 hundred smooth army small palms world-wide, approximately 500,000 are destroyed each year. The dedication of significant governments and foreign corporations makes small fingers destruction is an everlasting addition to the worldwide disarmament repertoire.
All 4 post-Cold battle presidents have tried to barter and ratify not less than one significant palms regulate contract. although, their reviews with hands keep watch over treaty ratification have differed significantly from these in their chilly battle predecessors. the most topic of this e-book is that household politics have considerably impacted makes an attempt to ratify fingers keep an eye on treaties within the polarized post-Cold struggle political surroundings.
Within the wake of the euphoria consequent to the Soviet house forays and the U.S. touchdown at the moon, leading edge house legislation developed relatively quickly in exactly twenty years after which got here a stalemate. during this hasty progress of nascent house legislation, a few gaps remained, a few inadvertently as a result of loss of imaginative and prescient and a few intentionally, as a result of loss of consensus or simply because half-baked suggestions remained pending until the fulfillment of a higher knowing of area phenomena or improvement of supportive know-how.
This ebook offers a global felony research of crucial questions concerning Iran's nuclear software on account that 2002. surroundings those criminal questions of their old and diplomatic context, this publication goals to explain how the proper assets of overseas legislation - together with basically the 1968 Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty and IAEA treaty legislation - will be thoroughly utilized within the context of the Iran case.
- Terrorism and Affordance (New Directions in Terrorism Studies)
- South Asia's Cold War: Nuclear Weapons and Conflict in Comparative Perspective (Asian Security Studies)
- Contemporary Violence: Postmodern War in Kosovo and Chechnya
- Strategic Cultural Change and the Challenge for Security Policy: Germany and the Bundeswehr's Deployment to Afghanistan (New Security Challenges)
- Nuclear Policies in Europe (Adelphi series)
Extra resources for Weapons of Mass Destruction: Options for India