By Bob Burns,Mike Burns
• The professional navigation textbook utilized in open air schooling classes by way of hundreds of thousands of scholars
• Goodreads.com readers rated the former version four out of five stars (and now it’s even better!)
• Map and compass abilities stay the root for touring accurately within the wasteland
This new 3rd version is an enormous and entire replace of the preferred textbook:
• stronger all through for readability, with bankruptcy goals offered initially of every bankruptcy and summaries, “skills cost” mini-quizzes, and perform difficulties indexed on the end
• up-to-date descriptions of the most up-tp-date maps, compasses, altimeters, and worldwide Positioning method (GPS) receivers
• up-to-date declination maps for the U.S. and the area (declination alterations over the years and compasses has to be adjusted for a selected place to supply right readings)
• Much-expanded GPS bankruptcy, together with interfacing the GPS receiver with the house desktop, maximizing battery existence, and utilizing the GPS functionality on a “smart” telephones (along with an outline in their limitations)
• additional info on non-GPS navigational techniques
• advised web pages, apps, and different resources of priceless navigational information
Read or Download Wilderness Navigation: Finding Your Way Using Map, Compass, Altimeter & GPS, 3rd Edition (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics) PDF
Best hiking & camping books
An inspirational guidebook to 50 nice walks through the Pennines. quite a lot of routes during this better layout booklet were chosen to aid walkers discover all points of this pretty upland quarter. The walks are all graded, from reasonable to strenuous, and are among 6 and thirteen miles lengthy, with lots of strategies for either first-time and more matured walkers.
First-hand descriptions of twenty-two exhilarating walks.
Alps Mountain cycling is a advisor to the western Alps. It unearths epic rocky descents, high-altitude blasts and hidden Alpine singletrack, prepared opposed to a backdrop of snowy peaks, pine forests and transparent blue skies. this is often many of the maximum singletrack, enduro and downhill driving the mountains need to provide.
With this e-book, A. D. Livingston combines a life of Southern culinary wisdom together with his personal love of actual domestic smoking and curing innovations. He teaches tips on how to arrange smoked and salted hams, fish, jerky, and game—adapting present day fabrics to yesterday's conventional tools. As he writes, “you can smoke a greater fish than you should buy, and you may therapy a greater ham with no using any chemical substances other than usual salt and stable hardwood smoke.
- The Most Dangerous Game: Advanced Mantrapping Techniques
- The Swiss Alps (World Mountain Ranges)
- Best Loop Hikes New Hampshire's White Mountains to the Maine Coast (Best Hikes)
- Colorado's Newest and Best Wildflower Hikes: Boulder, Breckenridge, Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, Rocky Mountain National Park, Vail
Additional info for Wilderness Navigation: Finding Your Way Using Map, Compass, Altimeter & GPS, 3rd Edition (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics)